Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Huevos Rancheros


This has been my breakfast obsession for the past two weeks. I LOVE it, and it is so easy to make! Huevos Rancheros are basically an egg burrito/taco. I love to pile mine high with black beans, salsa, hot sauce, lime juice, and sour cream!


Spray or butter the pan, then lightly brown the tortilla on one side, then flip it over. Don't get it too brown because it'll be flipped back over later.



Sprinkle some shredded cheese on the lightly browned side, and wait a minute until it begins to melt.


Carefully break the egg over the tortilla, and try to get it in the center. I'd never noticed just how lopsided this pan was until I tried this, so I had SO MUCH TROUBLE! Still delicious though, and now I use my other perfectly flat skillet! Season the egg with salt and pepper, and wait until the egg whites begin to set. Then carefully (while praying) flip the tortilla over. Cook on other side until egg is done to your liking, then flip back over onto a plate!


My various toppings. I am so addicted to Sriracha right now, so I put it on everything.


My delicious mess! What toppings do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment